Some scripts require that the files are set to executable (chmod 755) and this guide will help you.
- Connect to your web server with your SSH software such as Putty
- Change directory with cd directory
- Type chmod 755 * to change mode for all files in that directory. If you only want to change mode for a special type of file your can use chmod 755 *.txt *.dat or chmod 755 filename.ext.
In this example we're going to use WS FTP, but you can use any other FTP software that support chmod UNIX.
- Connect to your server and upload the file in ASCII mode
- Select the file and right click on it
- Select Chmod UNIX in the menu
- Check the checkboxes as described on the picture below